- What is a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)?
- What Does a Site Reliability Engineer Do?
- Required Skills to Become a Site Reliability Engineer
- Common Tools Used by Site Reliability Engineer
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Site Reliability Engineer Career Path
- Site Reliability Engineer Vs. DevOps Engineer
- Benefits of Becoming a Site Reliability Engineer?
- Site Reliability Engineer Salary and Job Growth
- Conclusion 结论
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Coding languages 1.编码语言
As an SRE, you will need to be proficient in at least one coding language. This is because you will often be required to write code in order to automate tasks or build tools. The most popular coding languages among SREs are Python, Java, and Go.
2. CI/CD pipeline development
In order to release code changes safely and efficiently, you will need to be well-versed in continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines.
3. Mastered distributed computing
Many companies today use distributed systems in order to achieve high availability and scalability. As an SRE, you will need to have a deep understanding of how distributed systems work in order to be able to troubleshoot and optimize them.
4. Using Monitoring tools
Monitoring is essential for keeping track of the health of company services and products. As an SRE, you should be familiar with various monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Solarwinds, Pingdom, Zabbix, and Zoho.
5. Using version control tools
Version control tools such as Git are used by developers to share and manage code changes. As an SRE, you will need to be familiar with these tools in order to help developers with code deployments.
6. Understanding operating systems
To effectively manage company services, you will need to have a deep understanding of various operating systems such as Linux, Windows, and macOS.
7. Deep understanding of databases
Databases are often used by company services in order to store data. As an SRE, you should have a deep understanding of how different types of databases work in order to be able to effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
8. Automation skills 8.自动化技能
Automation is crucial for reducing the amount of manual work that needs to be done in order to maintain company services. As an SRE, you should be proficient in various automation tools such as ACCELQ and Avo Assure.
9. Knowing cloud-native applications
Cloud-native applications are designed specifically for deployment on cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure. As an SRE, you should have experience working with cloud-native applications to manage them effectively.
10. Precise communication
One of the most important skills for any site reliability engineer is the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. This is because you will often need to relay important information about system alerts or outages to other members of your team.
11. Problem-solving 11.解决问题
Last but not least, being able to solve problems quickly and effectively is essential for any site reliability engineer. This skill will come in handy when dealing with unexpected outages or performance issues.